Name: Chris Myden
How I Ended Up Here
- I've always had a passion for travel, and with a background in computer science, I started exploring ways to determine what were truly the most amazing deals available from my city.
- I started sharing my deal finds with others, on my blogs and through social media (Facebook, Twitter) and discovered that a large number of other Canadians enjoyed the posted deals, so I expanded it to other cities.
- That led to some more opportunities, such as blogging for Sympatico.ca, and then the National Post,
and the Vancouver Sun.
And there's also been the occasional newspaper, radio or tv interview along the way!
- I've always wanted to combine two of my favorite things, travel and technology, and build my own innovative search tools from scratch that would make it faster and easier to find the best travel deals, and alleviate all the frustrations I've encountered when searching for the best deal.
- Ydeals Inc. was founded to help build those innovative search tools, and I'm proud to say that the first major release, the Ultimate All Inclusive Deal Finder has been a roaring success, and is the first step towards bringing a lot more innovation to the world of travel.